Monday 12 May 2008

"He is constantly wrestling for you in prayer"

Tonight I had the pleasure of spending time with the UCCF Blackpool & Fylde Prayer Supporters' Group.

I guess it would be fair to say that the majority of this group are 'senior saints' - most are retired, many have been Christians longer than I have been alive several times over. But these folks pray. Man, do they pray. When I'm in that age bracket I hope I pray like they do. I have lots to learn.

Tonight reminded me of a passage we'd look at earlier in the Lancaster CU prayer meeting. We read of Epaphras who, despite being away from the Colossian church, wrestled for them in prayer. Some of the folks there tonight were students in the 1940s and 1950s - although geographically close to university campuses, they are some distance away in years. And so I couldn't help think that some of these people are modern day Epaphrases.

No comments: