Sunday 27 May 2007

Holy Spirit, living breath of God

... and whilst we're on the subject of the Holy Spirit, here is my favourite hymn about him and his work. I live how this song captures so many of the ways in which the Holy Spirit works in believers' lives.


Holy Spirit, living breath of God

Breathe new life into my willing soul
Let the presence of the risen Lord
Come renew my heart and make me whole
Cause Your Word to come alive in me
Give me faith for what I cannot see
Give me passion for Your purity
Holy Spirit breathe new life in me

Holy Spirit come abide within
May Your joy be seen in all I do
Love enough to cover every sin
In each thought and deed and attitude
Kindness to the greatest and the least
Gentleness that sows the path of peace
Turn my strivings into works of grace
Breath of God show Christ in all I do

Holy Spirit from creation’s birth
Giving life to all that God has made
Show Your power once again on earth
Cause Your church to hunger for your ways
Let the fragrance of our prayers arise
Lead us on the road of sacrifice
That in unity the face of Christ
May be clear for all the world to see

Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2005 Thankyou Music

You can download it here.

No comments: