On Monday, I'm heading out for the third and final time with a team of students to Moldova to partner with the IFES movement there, CSC.
I'm a swirl of emotions as I prepare to return to Moldova. It's been a hard period of sad goodbyes to friends in Lancashire, and the past few weeks have been quite demanding. The whole setup in Moldova means that you are made to feel weak. I'm already feeling weak and so I'm somewhat nervous about how I might cope this year.
At the same time, I'm aware of how amazing an opportunity we have in Moldova. The main part of the camp is resourcing an 'English and Bible Camp' where there will be about 60 Moldovan students (including 40 non-believers) who come to practice conversational English and study the Bible. We're using The World We All Want evangelistic Bible overview and I'm excited to see the impact this makes in the Moldovan context.
Please pray for us. We're a big team with an extraordinary amount of diversity. Pray that this acts to underline the truth of the gospel that we are proclaiming, rather than act as something that undermines team unity. Pray that we're not ashamed of the gospel, that the British team grow in their knowledge and love of Jesus, and that God draws people to himself.
I'll try to update from Moldova, but this might not be possible.
- 29th June: team meets in Luton
- 30th June: early morning flight from Luton to Bucharest, then travel by coach to Chisinau
- 1st July: arrive early morning in Chisinau; team orientation lasts until 6th July
- 6th-15th July: on the English and Bible camp
- 15th-16th July: team members stay with Moldovan hosts
- 17th-19th July: team debrief in Chisinau
- 19th July: travel to Bucharest
- 20th July: flight back from Bucharest to Luton