Wednesday 27 August 2008

We are family

Over the past couple of days I've been reminded of how wonderfully encouraging other Christians can be in reminding us of God's grace.

Often this comes through our local churches, where we rub shoulders alongside other believers who are seeking to be disciples of Jesus in the places where he has placed them. Often it's very 'mundane' and 'quiet' ways in which God's sustaining and transforming grace is seen.

In the past couple of days, however, it's been stranger encounters that have been particularly encouraging.

In Exeter, I bumped into Ben, an old school friend that I'd not seen for several years. Having chatted for a while, Ben revealed that he'd become a Christian through a in London after graduating. What an encouragement!

Today I received an email from a missionary couple in China, telling me about a Chinese lad who is coming to study at the University of Central Lancashire. He has recently become a Christian in China, and is interested in being 'mentored' during his time in the UK. The missionary couple contacted me to see if I might be able to arrange this. Again: a brilliant reminder that 'the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world' - and a great reminder of gospel partnership.

Praise God for these little encounters that remind us of his powerful hand at work in the world!

No comments: